The Future Educators hosted a Mentored Teaching Experience (MTE) panel for first-year graduate students to answer questions about the required MTE.
Click here to download the slides from the MTE panel 2020-03-09. Below you’ll also see some other takeaways.
- If you want the best chance of getting your top class pick then email the coursemaster in advance letting them know you are interested.
- Pay attention to the listed hours of student interaction and other time requirements, contact the coursemaster or former TA’s (found on the course listing) to confirm what they will actually be.
- Factor in when you want/need to do your qualifying exam when choosing a Fall or Spring MTE (also travel time to/from Danforth).
- If you want to use the MTE for the teaching citation contact the Teaching Center and the coursemaster first.
- You may get assigned a course that wasn’t in your selection, most courses will have clear instructions or expectations that you should be able to fulfill.
Contact Future Educators with any questions!