Adulting help International Student

International Student Tax Seminar – 2021

Disclaimer: We are not tax professionals and cannot be held responsible for taxes filed incorrectly.

Speaker: Riya Adhikari, Principal Consultant and Saurav Bhandari, CPA.  Their company,, connects people with the tax expert who can help them with their needs.

You can watch our interview with Riya here.

Below are some of the topics Riya covered:

  1. Receiving stipend from WashU while residing outside of the country
  2. Where do I get my tax documents?
  3. My stipend and 1042S do not have the same values. How do I report/fix this?
  4. I don’t have an ITIN, do I need one?
  5. I haven’t received my ITIN, what do I do?
  6. Can I apply for an ITIN when I am still abroad?
  7. Where do I get tax forms?
  8. Who can I contact at WashU for help with my tax documents?
  9. Differences between residency status and immigration status.
  10. Does out-of-state income affect the amount of Missouri tax I pay?
  11. How do I report state tax?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *