We know this is a stressful time, with constant changes to our day-to-day lives and disruptions to our science. With this in mind, we’ve compiled a short list of resources focusing on wellness, health, and scientific progress.
Mental health and Meditation
- Have anxiety about Coronavirus? Check out this article in SELF (https://www.self.com/story/coronavirus-anxiety) suggested by our very own Dr. Jessi Gold or the DBBS webpage focusing on tips and tricks for managing COVID-19 stress (https://sites.wustl.edu/takingcare/)
- WashU’s own Dr. Jessi Gold talked with STL On The Air about managing stress. https://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/experts-share-coping-strategies-stressful-times
- Lululemon is streaming free meditations on their Instagram page
- The Meditation Mixtape by Shelah Marie on YouTube (free), Spotify, and Apple Music is good for 5-20 minute guided meditations.
- The 24-hour streams on YouTube for ChilledCow and chill hop (lofi hiphop and jazz beats) are great for relaxation and background music for studying and working.
- Lululemon is streaming free workouts on their Instagram page
- Nike plus training app/ Nike plus running app has free guided workout routines.
- Youtube-based (free) guided workouts like fitness blender
- Play Cards Against Humanity with your friends from afar! Totally free https://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp
- Fun games, but at least one person likely has to pay https://jackboxgames.com/how-to-play/
- Relaxing games https://jigsawpuzzles.io
- In my house we love the game Overcooked (1 and 2). You can play with any computer, and only one person has to purchase the game, which is only $20 or so. Very fun and up to 4 people can play from any device, anywhere!
- The Writing Center is still holding online video sessions for writing help – so get those papers/theses/grants/etc done. You can check it out here! https://writingcenter.wustl.edu/writing/schedule-an-appointment/writing-center-operating-online-only-spring-2020/
- Do you have a proposal or speaking engagement coming up? The Writing Center also has a Speaking Studio where you can practice your talk!